“CSIR NET Exam is one of the difficult national level entrance, out of 5 lakh aspirants around 25,000 clear UGC NETevery 6 months.”
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research acknowledged among us as CSIR is the prominent national and one of the largest publicly funded R&D organization. In the year 1942 by the Central Legislative Assembly Resolution this institute got established and was registered under the Registration of Societies Act of 1860.
There are in total 39 outreach centers, 38 national laboratories, 3 Innovation Complexes and 5 units skilled under CSIR with 4600 active scientists supported by 8000 other scientific and technical personnel.
CSIR-NET EXAM 2019
CSIR NET Exam is one of the difficult national level entrance, out of 5 lakh aspirants around 25,000 clear UGC NETevery 6 months. The exam is conducted twice in a year by joint CSIR UGC NET for determining the eligibility of the aspirants or candidates applying for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Lecturers/Assistant Professors (NET).
The first phase is conducted in the month of June around 20th (3rd Sunday) and the Second phase is conducted in the month of December. An official announcement for CSIR NET June Exam has been released by CSIR, this year exam will be conducted on 16th June 2019.
Those Candidates who are having or pursuing their Master’s degree in Science Stream only those are eligible to take this exam.
This exam is conducted in certain fields falling under the faculty of Science & Technology namely: Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Earth Atmospheric Ocean and Planetary Sciences.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CSIR-NET EXAM
Candidates applying for CSIR NET exam should possess the requisite educational qualification to sit for the exam. It is mandatory for each and every candidate to prove their eligibility to attempt for the exam and also they strictly need to meet defined Age limit criteria. As stated by the authorities special relaxations are provided to the Candidates falling under specific categories. Before applying for CSIR NET exam applicant must collect their educational documents and certificate and must ensure to check step by step detailed eligibility criteria explained by judiciously for your ease. If found ineligible, their candidature will be canceled with immediate effect.
Following are some important points which you must consider before applying for the exam:
- Applicant must have a degree in B.Pharma or BE or B. Tech or MSc or MBBS or Integrated BS-MS or any other science degree/an equivalent degree.
- As per the requirement if an applicant is General (UR) or OBC-NCL than they should have scored minimum 55% marks in their degree only then they are eligible to apply for an exam.
- And the one who belongs to SC/ST or Persons with Disability (PWD) category than they must have scored minimum 50% marks in their degree only then they are eligible to apply for an exam.
- Those candidates who have enrolled for M.Sc or those who have completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination, they are also eligible to apply.
- B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or candidates enrolled in the Integrated MS-PhD program can apply as well.
- Such applicants need a minimum 55% marks (for general and OBC-NCL) and 50% marks for SC / ST, physically and visually handicapped candidates.
- Those with a bachelor’s degree must be registered/enrolled for Ph.D./ Integrated Ph.D. programme to be eligible for CSIR.
- Ph.D. degree holders, who have passed Master’s degree before September 19, 1991, with minimum 50% marks, are eligible to apply for the only Lectureship.
Age Limit and Relaxation
- There is an age limit of a maximum of 28 years for JRF(NET).
- Up to 5 years, age relaxation is eligible for SC / ST / Physically or Visually handicapped and female candidates.
- And up to 3 years age relaxation for OBC- Non-Creamy Layer candidates.
There is no upper age limit For Lectureship (NET).
For applying CSIR NET Exam firstly you should check whether you are applicable for the exam or not. You can go on with the procedure of applying CSIR online only if you are eligible according to CSIR NET Eligibility criteria otherwise your registration form will be rejected by the organization/authority.
Following are the steps you have to go through while applying online for the exam:
Step 1: Visit the official CSIR website.
Step 2: Click on the link “Apply Online”.
Step 3: Fill the form carefully with all the complete valid details asked.
Step 4: Preview the entire application form before final submission.
Step 5: Submit the form within 30 minutes.
Step 6: Make payment through ONLINE mode.
Important Instructions regarding CSIR-NET Exam:
- Before submission check the form details filled carefully, You will not be able to make changes in the application form once it’s finally submitted.
- Submit the application within 30 minutes, once the session will be expired you will need to fill the form again.
- Send the form in the same format as given on the website.
- After form submission candidates will also get an auto-generated application number.
- Keep the photocopy of online submitted CSIR NET application for downloading Admit card in future.
Essentials for CSIR-NET EXAM
To avoid mistakes while filling CSIR NET Form candidates are advised to keep essential documents, such as:
- Subject Codes to fill the right subjects for which exam is applied.
- Date of Birth to make sure you enter the same date which is mentioned in your documents.
- Marksheets to enter the details of your marks obtained in CSIR online application form.
To check whether your registration was successful or not you need to check your registration status. Following is the process which will help you to check your status:-
Step 1: Log on to the official website of CSIR.
Step 2: As soon as you land on the page you can see a login page.
Step 3: Fill the Application form no, date of birth and other details and click on the ‘Submit’ button to know whether your registration is successfully submitted or not.
APPLICATION FEE FOR CSIR-NET EXAM
After submitting the form carefully applicant is required to make an online payment using payment gateway facility to submit the examination fee through Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
CSIR Online Application Fee
For General Category Candidates
For OBC (Non-creamy layer)
For SC/ST/PH/VH candidates
Examination fee paid by the aspirant will neither be adjusted for any subsequent examination nor refunded under any circumstances.
Important Dates of CSIR UGC NET Exam 2019
The examination will be held in two sessions; morning 09.00 AM to 12.00 noon and afternoon 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM.
The important CSIR UGC NET 2019 Exam Dates are provided below:
Start Date to Apply: February 25, 2019
Last Date to Apply: March 18, 2019
Registration Status: May 15, 2019
Availability of Admit Card: 1st week of June 2019
Exam Date: June 16, 2019
Result Declaration: July 2019
CSIR-NET PAPER STRUCTURE/EXAM PATTERN
CSIR NET Exam is an objective type Offline exam. It is completely pen- paper based where there is MCQs type of questions and candidates are required to use only black ballpoint pen during the exam.
The CSIR NET Exam Paper is divided into 3 sections – Part A, Part B, and Part C.
Part A – It is common for all subjects. In this section, candidates’ talent is measured on the basis of their key skills in General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis, and Research Aptitude.
Part B – Subject-Related Conventional MCQs with less difficulty level.
Part C – Higher Value Subject Related Questions that test the candidate’s scientific knowledge.
The MCQ test paper for each subject shall carry a maximum of 200 marks. According to the official website of CSIR NET, there will be 25% negative marking for each wrong answer in CSIR NET Exam.
CSIR-NET EXAM DURATION
The Exam is conducted on the same day but within two-time sessions. The exam shall be for a duration of three hours.
Morning Session – 9.00 am-12.00 noon (Life Science & Physical Science)
Evening Session – 2.00 pm-5.00 pm. (Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, Earth Science, Atmospheric Science, Ocean, and Planetary Science)
CSIR-NET EXAM SYLLABUS 2019
Syllabus of the following subjects: